Day 7

What might be more convenient than waking up knowing that there is a flush toilet five steps from your bed; your OWN, tidy shower with hot water? But this feels so much like home, real-life Expeditioners don’t even like it so much. To tell the truth, after two luxurious nights in Košice our team yearned to return to nature. Of course this is debatable, since nowadays our mobile devices are so well-developed and you can practically do anything with them, thus camping doesn’t feel so wild and free. Even more so now, because we added Móóónika (pronounced: Maounika) too. Now we shall seize the opportunity to summarize this story, which was left out of yesterday’s blog entry. Seeing the luxury of Košice’s civilization, the idea of acquiring a freezer became really enticing, particularly for Zsolt. Yes, just like the ones in stores; and in which ice cream, meat and other provisions can be kept. Without further ado, by night our freezer was working, stuffed with freezer packs and orange juice. This was funny only when it had to be put on the trailer, so we could depart in the morning.








But then again, how did our morning start? Waking up, packing, tidying up, eating hot dogs, packing, tidying up, cleaning, packing, attending to Móóónika, checking the bikes, meeting, START. This order is no coincidence, because everything took place in such a swift succession. We could not waste time because that little 80 kilometers of a distance, which is not easy work in itself, was heightened by long climbs. For this we needed rest and calories. The curse of waking up late is having to make haste. However, this was no problem, because like this we could set off even more focused on the road to Szepesváralja, even if a bit late. The organizers tried to lighten the tiredness and motivate the bikers with every kind of worldly goods, so they could confront today’s challanges. There was ice cream, chocolate croissants, fruits and refreshments, and of course the sandwiches. Everything went smoothly, sometimes up – sometimes down. Needless to say, everyone did well: the first, the second and the faaamous bear team too. And at the top of the mountain pass it turned out that the mountain wasn’t so deadly. This was proved by our cook too, who, after giving it a brief thought, leapt up on a bicycle, followed by our two drivers (veteran bikers, this year transferring from two pedals to tree).








After everyone took their initial places, we descended on the slope. The curves of the serpentine provided us with a special experience. We rolled on like a firebolt (of course in safe circumstances), and in the valley we could already see the fortress. Tomorrow we’ll properly visit the enormous and beautiful fort, and the sight is a tingly one even from the outside.





To use a cyclist simile, at the end of the day not everything rolled on so smoothly, but just as we usually do, we didn’t bother too much with the obstacles that came across our way. We quickly passed them by. So this is what happened: the place found during mapping now proved to be unapproachable, but after looking around for some time we found a place fit for putting up our tents. Today this will be genuine wild camping. At least as far as Móóónika, the shower and the provisional kitchen would allow. What does this matter? We can sleep at the feet of this wondrous monument, which will watch over us along with Mária of Pócs, BUT not only, because while making dinner we were visited by some policemen. They liked our story very much, so they offered to check on our safety every hour.




P.S.: we will surely be in the wedding album of a married couple, because we have witnessed at the feet of the fortress as they captured the beginning of their life together.
Messages:
Misi: I’m alive and thriving. I cycled through the small mountain.
Levi: Lölölölő Berci: Mom, dad, I’m alright, the mood warms up the weather too.
N. Norbi: A synonym for the bike expedition: Luxury trip.
T. Tamás: I’m alive. Today I was the leader of the line. Be proud of me. I didn’t fly out of the serpentine. Be twice as proud of me. Kisses
V. Réka: Hello Tomi and mom. Today we’re sleeping in the middle of nowhere, but it’s beautiful, just next to the fortress. I’m alright.
 Balázs: Hallelujah, we had a safe arrival, biking all day towards the fortress. I miss the homemade cabbage pasta, but the food is great here too. I’ll write when we will have wifi.
 B. Timi: For wHOReDA: We didnt wave the flag yet, but we will. We’ll fill Europe with the stickers. I miss you very much. „És Hordd a segged előre!” Nóra: I cycled through the whole day, but it was worth it, because here we don’t have mosquitoes. I miss you.
Matyi: It was a long day, but I succesfully arrived. When I thought that nothing bad can happen, I managed to tap some cow dung. I miss you.
Kisses Márk: I’m still alive, and I hope I will be able to hold up after today too.
Kata: I would like to send a message, but I don’t know what I should say, so I won’t.
Eszter: Hellooo! Everything is perfectly fine. After today I am proud of myself. Don’t worry, if I don’t write every day, cell reception is not the best. Kisses for everyone!
F. Timi: Dear people at Electric! You may be partying in the courtyard of a castle, but we are cooking and camping at the feet of a wonderful Slovak fortress. I’m alright, I’m starting to get used to the hills. I miss everyone a bit, but a bike expedition is a bike expedition, I’m not sure whether I will return home.
Orsi: Mom, I’m not planning on going home either! BUT don’t forget about the fish salad! Hugs for everyone!


Nincsenek megjegyzések :

Megjegyzés küldése