Gün 10


We know this much Turkish already, and also "evet" (yes), and "tesekür ederim" (thank you very much). We only been in Turkey for a day, but we already feel like locals, at least in Edirne. We're slowly getting to know the small streets, the bazaars, the mosques, the delicious kitchen. So today was not so much a day of rest, but a day of discovery.

We woke up later than usual. The delicious Turkish breakfast was waiting for us at 10 AM. Turkish sesame pretzel, kifli and the famous ayram, which is salty milk. We had a filling breakfast, discussed the plan for the day and got on the road. We got into the city with cars, then parked them and went to the city center on foot. We walked down the pedestrian street, and then went to the great bazaar. We took a look at the four minaret local mosque, built by Miman Sinanhoca, Suleiman's architect. Those who've already visited mosques know the feeling, those who can try to imagine it based on the pictures. Everything was beautiful, calm, intimate. Then we split into teams and headed out to discover the city.

We ate lot more delicious Turkish food, drank lemonade, tea, and Turkish coffee, browsed the bazaar, took a look at the other mosques, we listened to the singing of the muezzins, so all in all we had a great time, and feel in love with the locals and their city.

We got home in the afternoon with melons and sweets, we rested, washed and took showers. Then we returned to our super Selimiye Kebap place, where we were satiated with Turkish pizza. Surely the Italians can make a good pizza, but the Turkish aren't bad either. Everyone is full and headed to rest. Tomorrow is first of the remaining two cycling days, so we are looking forward to it.

Before that, however, we'll send our messages as promised.

J. Orsi and the Timis: Prózsi, we send you our kisses and hugs. Balázs sent his best regards too.
J. Orsi: Mother, I can't tell how beautiful everything is here! I'm having a great time. Tell little Levi that I send him my kisses. Love and hugs to you.
F. Timi: The many kilometers of climbing were not in vain. I feel great, it's good to be in Turkey, especially on a bike. Kisses to all, there's no need to worry.
B. Timi: I am happy that we could talk today. Kisses to all and I miss you.
Gergő: If I keep going like this, even I will get fat.
Kevin: Hi, all is fine, I am looking forward to the sea.
Zsófi: Edirne was beautiful, I can't wait to take my first glance at the sea and discover Tekirdag and Istanbul.
Dávid: Mom, dad, it would be great to talk to you.
Kevin: Today was a great day.
Z. Orsi: Mother I miss you very much, I can't wait to see you.Lilla: Today was great.
Csaba: Turkey is very interesting, the people are very nice. P.S.: I'm OK.
Attila: I think Turkey is a multi-cultural place. I hope the roads will get better.

























Nincsenek megjegyzések :

Megjegyzés küldése